I am happy to share with you some resources that I have created. They will help you in your efforts be learn and practice Lean teaching.
- Seminal journal papers on Lean in higher education: Paper 1 (2004) • Paper 2 (2005) (.pdf)
- Article “Lean in Higher Education” (2005, .pdf)
- Sample course syllabi: undergrad • graduate (2015, .pdf)
- Class Preparation Checklist (MSWord, 2013)
- Google Docs weekly homework assignment template (edit template to suit your needs)
- Example of Visual Control given to students at end of course (ca. 2003, .pdf)
- Important books to help you understand kaizen: Kaizen Forever and Toyota Kaizen Methods.
- Kaizen Manual for improving academic programs (updated 30 July 2015, .ppt)
- Lean Teaching Visual Control for faculty (version 1, 2013, .pdf)
- Lean Teaching Visual Control for faculty (version 2, 2014, .pdf)
- Lean Leader’s Visual Control for higher ed leaders (2011, .pdf)
Important images to reflect on (click for larger image):